Telecoms Cyber Security MasterClass
The Cyber Security for Telecoms program is our newest and most popular program. This course provide telecoms professionals with the opportunity to learn about the latest risks and containment approaches focused specifically on the fraud and security risks unique to the telecoms industry.
While there are dozens of programs which aim to help I/T and Security teams deal with the cyber attacks aimed at accounting, operational and office systems, none of these teachers or programs understand or appreciate the very real and very severe risks that these attacks represent to the telecom.
This program is designed to provide internal audit, revenue assurance, security, fraud, I/T and other risk management professionals with an exhaustive review of the many different cyber attack vectors emerging daily, and examines them against the risk telecoms face as;
* The providers of internet services to consumers, businesses, government and the military
* The owners of massive voice networks exposed to hundreds of new fraud and hacking risks due to the compromising of the global SS7 signaling network
* The owners of the worlds largest and most vulnerable data networks.
Method of Delivery: Thunderbird Platform , Online Live
Duration: (10 Units) 40 Hours
Testing & Workshops: Testing & Extensive Experience Surveys
Prerequisite : CTFA (Certified Telecoms Fraud Analyst)
Certification : CTCS (Certified Telecoms Cyber Security Specialist)
English Language Class Times
Spanish Language Class Times
Telecoms Cyber Security - A lot more than just Firewalls & VPNs
Cyber security is the biggest and most critical telecoms risk vector in the world today. No telecom is safe from cyber attack and no amount of "normal" cyber protections will cover all of the many different dimensions of the cyber security puzzle that telecoms must deal with. The telecom must both protect its own internal systems and databases, while at the same time figuring out how to protect partners, customers and its own national cyber frontier, all while continuing to innovate and pioneer bigger, faster and even riskier products and service.s
Telecoms Cyber Security Professional Practices, Principles & Methods
1. Telecoms Cyber Risk : Fundamentals and Key Issues
2. Cyber Targets : What do Cyber Attackers Want?
3. Cyber Criminals : Who are the Cyber Attackers?
4. Cyber Attack Fundamentals – How do cyber Attackers accomplish their objectives?
5. Data Networks : Understanding the Attack Points
6. Physical Hacking : How do Cyber Attackers get into our systems
7. Logical Hacking: How do Cyber attackers bypass controls
8. Social Engineering :Cyber Hackers Golden Ticket
9. Hacking Workshop : Creating a cyber attack strategy
10. Category I : Simbox, PBX Hack, Injection Frauds
11. Category II: Attacking the Carrier Autonomous System
12. Category III : Core Network Hacks
13. Category IV: Attacks on Consumers
14. Category V: SS7 and Voice Network Attacks
15. Cyber Security Strategies
16. The Zero Trust Model
17. Implementing Zero Trust
The Cyber Security Imperative
Unfortunately, the highly segmented and hyper-silo specialization of the typical telco operations, leaves far too many gaps for the cyber attacker to penetrate.
The hacking of the telecom has been a risk unique to telecoms since the first networks were created, and the innovation and work required to safeguard existing and future systems is a critical mission.
This course is s MUST HAVE for anyone working in telecoms governance or security and interested in understanding the complex interplay of operations, security and cyber risk.
Learning Objectives :
* Learn what cyber security is, and the emerging responsibilities of audit, revenue assurance, fraud management, cyber security and risk managent are regarding its detection, containment and management
* Fundamental components of cyber hacking and cyber security violations
* Develop and understanding of the comprehensive nature of, and intrinsic need for 360 degree cyber security
* Learn how IP networks work, and exactly how cyber hackers implement their attacks
* Learn about the 7 categories of cyber risk, the nature of the risks in each category, the consequence of the failure of cyber security and the methods of protection and implementation for each
* Review of primary strategic approaches to the protection of the telecom, and application of best fit to telecoms environment
* Walk through of hack attack planning methodology and defensive strategy development
* Understanding the hybrid Zero Trust / Defensible Perimeter Methodology and how to apply it